Lumia 620 – The Benchmark for Nokia Lumia Series of Smartphone
The new Nokia Lumia 620 which was launched on the 5th of December 2012 and is sure to set the benchmark for the Nokia Lumia series of smartphones. This phone seems to be targeted at the new generation and the $249 price tag is just one of the reasons why. The youthful and fun design which is so much a part of the Lumia series is sure to make it a big hit among consumers and a star attraction for sure!
The 620 is the third smartphone (and the most affordable one) in the latest Nokia Windows 8 phones. Let us know take a closer look at some of the amazing features of this phone.
- Design: As mentioned above, this phone has a trendy and fun design. The phone is compact. It is 2.4 inches wide and 4.5 inches tall. However, it weighs just as much as other phones in this series – 4.5 ounces. It is also just as thick at 0.4 inches. Although the phone is heavy, it is sturdy and seems to withstand the accidental drop. The Lumia simply calls out to you. You cannot help but notice the vibrant colors used in it. There are 5 hues – magenta, black, white, cyan and yellow. The colorful picture does not just stop there. The Lumia 620 also comes with transparent covers. So you can change the color combination according to the way you layer these covers. Cool, isn’t it? There are 7 different exchangeable covers so you can change the phone to your own personal style and taste.
- Hardware: Thanks to Windows Phone 8, dual core processors are now possible and this is what Nokia has used for this new smartphone. The company has used a 1GHz dual-core chipset for this phone. All the features that this phone has are being powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon(TM) S4 Plus processors. This Snapdragon(TM) S4 Plus processor is what makes this smartphone great. It is possible to multi task, share content and stream in HD due to this processor.
- Shared features with Lumia 920 and Lumia 820: The shared features with the other two phones are the camera lenses. The Smart Shoot option on the Lumia 620 will help you create a single shot from many images. Add animations to stills with the Cinemagraph lens. The main camera has 5MP autofocus with LED flash while the front facing camera has VGA.
- Display: The Lumia 620 has the same great display that all Nokia phones come equipped with. It may only be 3.8 inches in size but the 800*480 pixels WVGA resolution makes up for this. The display also has a Clear Black filter which cuts down on the glare from the screen.
- OS: This is a Windows Phone 8 device. Therefore it comes packed with exciting features such as access to the Xbox media storage, Internet Explorer 10; 7GB free Skydrive Storage, Microsoft Office etc. Nokia claims that Windows Phone 8 delivers a more personalized smartphone experience. Users can check and monitor Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts from the Adjustable Live Tiles which update directly from the Start screen.
- Other features: Nokia Lumia 620 has NFC support which means you can pair the phone with other NFC accessories such as the JBL PlayUp Portable Speaker. This connectivity makes it easy to make payments using the Wallet application. You can also receive and share content with other compatible devices, simply by tapping. The Lumia620 also comes with Bluetooth 3.0, 8GB mass memory with Micro SD support up to 64GB, bundled apps (Nokia Drive, Nokia Transport etc).
This phone is sure to grab the attention of every single gadget freak out there. Go ahead and check it out for yourself!