Key findings about e-learning in higher education industry
In the higher education industry, the e-learning initiatives are considered ubiquitous. The growth has been primarily driven by the jump in the non-traditional learners who eye for strengthened flexibility across scheduling, geographical locations along with quick access to the course resources. Apart from offering quick access to the learners, it has been noticed that an elearning College mobile app is capable of increasing enrolments, revenue, boost the position of an educational institution and enrich the overall teaching and learning experience.
Higher educational institutions have adopted different approaches to offer best-in-class elearning solutions and services. While many colleges prefer to manage elearning platforms through IT department, some prefer the management of college LMS mobile app through multiple departments. In other words, eLearning services can be offered centrally using distributed or mixed approach.
The successful implementation of an eLearning platform is dependent on the chosen paths and delivery relies heavily on multiple factors – size of the institution, mission and priorities of the institutional leaders.
Realising that eLearning is to an extent propelling the growth of online courses in higher education domain, a study was recently undertaken to understand the importance of a learning management system. Some of the key findings based on the study have been listed below –
- Over 80% of the higher educational institutions are interested in using elearning mobile college apps to boost learning experience among the students. This is one of the key reasons why colleges across the globe have started to offer online courses to its student.
- One of the key benefits of elearning is that it enhances enrollments with the jump in access. Online learning programs are better positioned to tap the students residing in the rural locations. eLearning combined with mobile device proliferation ensures the successful expansion of the learning environment.
- It would be appropriate to say that large-scale implementation of elearning boost greater efficiency and promotes seamless integration besides individualisation of the specific programs.
- Reliability, student data security and ease of use for both students and faculty are some of the key factors that need to be considered when selecting technology for an eLearning platform.
- Availability of staff and technological understanding of the faculty are few of the key elearning concerns.
- Smaller educational institutions are better positioned to initiate speedier expansion of their eLearning initiatives.
The conventional educational system has multiple problems. It’s no wonder why so many students from around the globe are choosing online learning platform to achieve their learning targets. In the world of contemporary education, online learning has revolutionised the system and opened a series of opportunities for all those who are keen to learn.
Making intelligent use of technology to enrich the teaching and learning is capable of bringing real value to a firm. In simple words, both online or technology-enhanced, learning is able to offer greater flexibility and improve the student experience.
As the demand for online courses and degree programs are growing at a rapid scale, learners are expected to let go of the conventional educational formats to ensure ease of learning. In simple words, the online learning system is set for stronger growth as it allows users to become the master of their own education.