Tips to Enhance App Performance with a Hybrid Cloud
When you get a cloud computing model which can ensure that data resides in a secure flawless infrastructure and can deliver the most favorable performance for end-users, you know you have the ideal hybrid cloud. But this is not the reality in most situations.
You will find that majority of businesses find it quite hard to configure these models to be able to establish a simple working structure. Naturally therefore, handling the complicated automation stack which can maintain the changing workflow balance poses an even greater challenge for them. These are some of the reasons why the public cloud turns out to be more popular compared to the private cloud. Businesses find it much easier to shift their whole data environment to a third-party facility.
At the same time, you need to realize that although these challenges may exist, they can be dealt with. It is true that most companies will want to keep their valuable data in close proximity because of security reasons. So, all businesses will actually be striving to improve hybrid architecture performances and it will take a while. Here are some ways to improve the application performance in a hybrid cloud hosting setting:
- According to the CTO of Apigee, an effective way to achieve this is via application management. Regardless of how vast your network may be the transfer of data back and forth from data centers spread all across the globe will induce delays. It is therefore necessary to sign up with a cloud vendor that happens to be near your data center. This may help to resolve latency issues.
- When backend applications run in the data center of the enterprise while analytics services have been shifted to the cloud, there may be resultant problems. This may be cost-effective but is likely to slow down things. This is because the API will have to constantly shuttle between these two hosts. So, another easy way to accelerate performance is to use a federated gateway for ensuring that API runs smoothly within the data center and analytics is given to the provider.
- Applications themselves turn out to be a huge deterrent to enhance performance of hybrid clouds. It is a fact that the legacy apps have not been designed for the cloud architecture. So, companies like Microsoft are now working with businesses to update their app portfolio to make them fit for the cloud environment. There is a MTA or Modernize Traditional Applications program which enables businesses to make their apps better suited for the cloud by offering management tools and professional services. There is no need to modify the source code in this case, and this ensures that IT teams can deploy them right away.
- Businesses must also understand that there will be always be some processes which will not fare rather well in a cloud. So, there must be a process of trial-and-error till an optimal system is arrived at. This process must be systematic and data-driven which seeks to analyze the pros of a hybrid cloud architecture and matches these to business needs. So, businesses need to find out which principles are going to govern the cloud usage, which criteria are to be applied to decide how apps will be hosted and where the workloads will be deployed. Businesses must also ask the vendor how they will have control over cloud apps and which cloud instances are necessary.
- The performance of a hybrid cloud model will also be improved because of technological progress in data ecosystems that is happening everywhere. So, technologies such as artificial intelligence, fine-grained data collection and neural networking capabilities are much superior compared to what you will find in any traditional infrastructure. This has led to the emergence of private networks for cloud access. Earlier, the main apps were typically bulk storage which was delivered across the Internet. This was however much slower and also unreliable. Sensitive data was also prone to attacks. But, with the growth of private networks, businesses will have stable connectivity with only a single or a few providers. They will enjoy scalability which will let them cope with fluctuating workloads.
There is no denying the fact that there will be much criticism today as far as actual deployments go within a hybrid cloud. But, more and more companies are starting to deploy their infrastructure carefully and improving their performances. In this way, the hybrid cloud is likely to create a data environment which is conspicuous. It will offer features and services which can never be replicated within conventional infrastructures or the pure private and public cloud hosting settings. The whole idea behind the hybrid cloud is to create a unique data ecosystem; one that will help your business to come up with solutions that no other can offer.